- This event has passed.
Conflict Surgery – Tuesday 6th October 2020
October 6, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
There is a Dual Purpose of the Conflict Surgery
1.To provide ‘triage’/initial support for any conflict/complaint that arises during an event listed on the NVC UK website.
You are welcome to ask for support if you:
- have been a participant in an event and have a complaint or are dissatisfied in some way with what happened (please first check out the conflict agreement of the event if they have one)
- are the trainer/facilitator/organiser of an event that has stimulated or has been the context for some conflict or complaint
We will discuss the complaint/conflict and see what next steps are possible. This is Stage 2 in the Conflict process.
To make this conflict support a sustainable and co-responsible initiative, it is important that everyone who lists an event on NVC-UK has in place an agreement for responding to conflict that is appropriate to the event listed.
If you need help with that, this is the second purpose of the Conflict Surgery ….
2. To provide support to any NVC group, event or trainer in the UK to build their own agreements and processes around conflict.
In addition to this support, we strongly suggest you and your teams attend our 8 week conflict resilience training, Building Restorative Systems
If either Point 1 or Point 2 seem like what you need just now then you are welcome to attend the Conflict Surgery.
What to do if you want to come
Note that the conflict surgery runs every 1st Tuesday of the month, 7pm – 8.30pm UK time, and it will be held on Zoom.
Email email@example.com and state whether you need:
1) Initial support for a conflict, or
2) Support creating your conflict agreements in your group/practice.
We will then send you a zoom link.
Knowing the nature of your request will help us try to provide support for everyone.
Depending on the number of people seeking support, we will use breakout rooms and several conflict supporters if necessary.
The conflict surgery is free at point of use. We are exploring ways of funding our work for the ongoing sustainability of this support.