What are Community Conversations?
Community conversations are a chance to come together as an NVC-UK community and delve into juicy topics, hear and appreciate different perspectives, and invite ourselves and the collective to grow through the experience. These conversations…
- are ‘Outward looking’ and engaging with the challenges facing us
- are responding to need, interest and aliveness of the NVC community
- are responsive to and raising awareness of what is topical and emergent in the world
- have a clear, sustainable structure
- are open to anyone in NVC UK network and aim to contribute to greater connectivity in the network
Community conversations emerged from CTW as we reflected on pre-empting conflict, seeing how unspoken conversations can lead to misunderstanding and disconnection. We were excited by the idea of bringing the NVC-UK community to connect across differences, practice living nvc consciousness, and enjoy some time together discussing things that matter to us.
See below for upcoming & previous community conversations, and more information. Let us know if you have topics you want to explore.
January – June 2022 Understanding whiteness to end white supremacy Study Group
This conversation will be exploring our understanding of whiteness to end white supremacy and how your NVC practice can support collective liberation. Find out more and book here.
Catch up on what happened at our previous community conversations here…
- Understanding whiteness (Nov 2021)
- COP26 (Oct 2021)
- NVC and social change (Sept 2021)
- NVC and ending racism (July 2020)
- Conflict support process (Dec 2020 and Jan 2021)
- Certification (Feb 2021)
More about Community Conversations
There are several types of Community Conversation we envisage…
- Conversations where there are different perspectives – to increase connection and preempt conflict, including debrief conversations to integrate events
- Book / film / podcast discussions – to increase awareness and deepen understanding around conflict, nonviolence or social justice
- Conversations about conflict processes – to share resources and increase learning
- Community generated conversations – to bring people together where there is energy around a topic or suggestion ?
A live document with status and more info on events in planning is available to view here. If there are topics you would like to see added, or to host one yourself, please contact Viv at email@example.com.