How to use NVC to support conversations around power and privilege (2 x 3hr sessions)
November 12 @ 10:00 am - November 13 @ 1:00 pm
With this spotlight on Power, we will look at how NVC can support understanding about power and privilege (and also where it can get in the way!).
We will strengthen the foundations of your NVC practice
- By acknowledging that in conversations around power and privilege, fears around disconnection or safety are high.
- By getting a handle on ways that domination cultures such as white supremacy and patriarchy impact everyone, but differently
- By focussing on lived and felt experience of living in the body you live in, in the context of white supremacy
- By understanding the notions of ‘othering’ and ‘centring’ and how to challenge ‘othering’
- By exploring anger and rage, and understanding a bit more about allowing anger and rage ‘that’, rather than anger ‘at’
- By exploring spirals of shame in relation to power and privilege
- By practicing the skill of ‘bringing empathy’ to all of the above.
The session will involve reflection, discussion, practice and role play.
I hope that the session will enrich your lives by
- Renewing a sense of safety and belonging by leaning into trust that everyone’s experience matters and everyone has an important role to play
- Renewing trust that we individuals can fully connect even though we might disagree
- Offering an experience of difference as generative and energising rather than alienating and scary.
Other trainers are offering days on the Intermediate training programme for £110.
I like to offer my work on a sliding scale of £0 – 250. If you can afford to pay more than £110 this will support my sustainability in offering this training in the most inclusive way.